Support : Clean Agents in Fire Suppression Systems
FAQs : Clean Agents in Fire Suppression Systems
a) Local and International approval for both the system and clean agent. You shall request for valid approved certificate for components and software calculation.
b) Is the clean agent suitable for the content of the protected hazard.
c) Is the clean agent safe for human if the protected volume is normally occupied.
d) Will the agent safe for the protected content inside the room.
e) Is the system operation friendly and can be tested easily.
f) How costly is it to refill if there is any accidental or fire discharge.
g) Is the gas environmental friendly, some country banned environmental unfriendly gas.
h) Is there possible future phase out for the agent.
i) Is any replacement part available easily.
• INERTEC-100 gas is the one of the safest clean agent gas as it is inert (“Inert" means that there is no reaction with other substances and no participation in any chemical process during combustion), it does not create foggy environment which may impede fire escape and firemen rescue operation and it has the highest natural gas content.
• INERTEC-100 gas is a clean agent that does not generate secondary damage to the content of the data centre which house mainly electronic and critical filing component. It is non-conductive, non-corrosive and it is not water-based which may create secondary damage to electronic media on long run.
• It is 100 % environmental friendly as the ODP and GWP is zero. If there is any-phase out issue, INERTEC-100 shall be the last to be phase out. It does not content carbon dioxide which is a green house gas.
• The whole system’s component is of the highest quality. All critical components from cylinder up to the pressure reducing valves are from single manufacturer. All hardware components used has gone through detail quality assurance test by our in house R & D engineers. To further ensure quality, all components are listed by international quality assurance body, namely, Vds. The adoption of this solution shall give piece of mind to end user that the system will function as per design.
• Inertec-100 is the best alternative if end-user will to consider seriously about operation cost and annual live test. For Inertec-100 gas, annual live test discharged can be performed to ensure the integrity of the system with very minimal cost (turn-around time for refilling and cost) compared to other inert gas system or halocarbon available in the market. Inertec-100 is the most cost effective solutions with regards to annual fire drills if live actuation test is to be carried out. It is also the most widely available gas which will give ready access for refilling.
Applications involving chemicals that are capable of self-oxidizing or generating their own oxygen even without the presence of air, such as gunpowder and cellulose nitrate; or compounds that are very unstable and can spontaneously combust, such as hydrazine (rocket fuel) and many peroxides.
• Processing facilities or areas using pure powdered forms of metals. Fires fueled by reactive metals such as lithium, sodium, potassium, magnesium, titanium, zirconium, metal hydrides, and the radioactive elements uranium and plutonium require a different extinguishing strategy.
• Other applications where questionable chemicals are part of the fire hazard.
- Ans standard 2--zoned detection whereby photoelectric smoke detector and heat detector installed at the protected areas. The system can be also actuated manually using key switch and manual pull. Locally at the cylinder, it can also be actuated manually by pulling the manual actuator.